Monday, July 24, 2006

Yesterday's Pix & Todays' Tour



Blogspot's server is having problems with images again.

I think I forgot to mention that Polo Beach is tricky to get a boat to. The reason Cody's bruddah wouldn't come get us is that he thought the sea was too rough. There are only 2 narrow openings through the reef to get a boat through--one if the conditions are not ideal. Cody is good.

The snorkeling at Polo was nice. Eventually I got to place where I with schools of impressively large fish. I looked down and saw huge black hole canyons in the reef below me. I also realized I was in the narrow outlet from the beach through the reef and the current was like a swift river going out. I tried to swim towards shore but only got farther out between mouthfuls of water. I remembered I was not suppose to panic. Eventually I tried swimming parrallel to shore and made it to the reef where I could get hand holds, and slowly crept across the reef eventually to shore. I did not cut myself up too much on the reef.

Today we shared a tour with 8 twenty-something women: 5 young ladies from Chile, and 3 first-year teachers from California. We went along primarily because Shar wanted to get to Crawl Cay where she thought she could get more muchillos (string bags). The tour included Bahia Dolphino and snorkeling at Crawl Cay ("Crawl Cay" is Creole for "Coral Cay"). The snorkeling at Crawl Cay was great. We saw a couple of rays and countless fish of countless colors. Shar did get 7 more muchillos.

I won't go into the dynamics of the decision making process of deciding where the boat was going next and when involving 9 women. I stayed out of it completely. When we got back to Bastimentos village Shar complimented our captain, Ernesto (we remembered him from last year also) on doing a great job of keeping 9 women happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»