Monday, July 24, 2006

Tired of hearing about dinners?

We have been eating dinner at Roots. They don't bring you a bill. They have one of those composition books and just tell you how much it came to, and like last year, it seems a little different formula every night. Tonight we both had the criole chicken dinner with coconut rice or fried plantains. I had a beer, Steve had two and bought one for someone else. It came to $9. I will not be cooking!
I had the octopus the other night, it cost more than chicken but was excellent.
Tomorrow we may attempt to walk over to Wizzard, or First Beach. It is the only beach that does not involve a water taxi. The very fit looking young Dutch couple we talked to this evening turned back because the trail was so slippery and muddy. Hmmm. We shall see. I think the swimming has been excellent for my leg, and I do not want to risk a hurt knee. I left the crutches in PR and the cane in CR. After tomorrow we may head back north again.
It has not been very hot, and a lot less buggy than any of our previous trips. Nice. We also haven't had inconvenient rains. Very nice. Hope I haven't spoken too soon.
We'll be home in just over a week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the comment way below belongs up here... can't wait to see all 85 string bags... Jim

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»