Thursday, July 06, 2006

Last Night In Santo Domingo


Last night I wanted to go check out some son or merengue music. Our book told of a Cuban son place down in Zona Colonial. When we got there it was now a different club & not open. We tried the Merengue Bar--great music, but so loud you couldn´t hear it. I was ready to move on to La Guacara, a club that is located entirely within what was formerly a Taino cave. We had been told it was quite the place, but Arlee & Shawn thought none of us would be able to handle the "electronica" (rave-type) music, so we called it a night.

The photo is a 500 year-old Spanish fort. The Zona Colonial is quite magical at night!

I read Shar´s email post & it was better than what I´ve been doing here. I told her she should be posting to the blog, so she just logged on. We´re catching the all-night boat back to Mayaguez, P.R. this evening. Ciao!

No comments: