Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Puerto Viejo

Last Saturday we went to Rolf & Juana's home for a visit & barbecued lomita. Before sunset I took a photo of the chestnut-headed oropendula nests in a laurel tree in their back yard. The larger Montezuma oropendula lives here as well. You can see bananas & other fruit trees growing on the hillside. We had great food and great a time.

We've been chilling here in P.V. Eventually we'll catch a bus up to Cahuita or down to Manzanillo for the day. A new feature for us here is accessing the web & Skype from our room & balcony. No more sitting at ATEC sweating in front of a beat up keyboard and barely functioning monitor. I still visit ATEC to fill our water bottle (17 cents a liter), or for other incidentals. I sat in with ex-pat keyboardist Jim MacDougall and his band Monday night with my formica Martin. Junior has also asked me to play with him at Parquecito. He has plans to perform at an upcoming festival in New Orleans.

No comments: