Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hace Lluvia

I am acquiring a very deep appreciation of the hydrologic cycle. For the past few days it has been raining a bit on & off. Around midday yesterday it started to rain pretty hard. It stopped long enough for us to go out to Amimodo (run by Italians) for pizza in the evening, without having to use our umbrella. It started to rain again when we returned to our room and has not stopped. The volume alternates from drizzle to all-out deluge and everything in between, with occasional flashes of thunder & lightning. It amazes me to think where all this water comes from. I looked at the the satellite photo yesterday & it appears to be raining over the entire country. Of course said country is sitting astride two oceans which I now understand supply quite a bit of warm water to evaporate into the air.

We donned our ponchos this morning to ride to the Saturday market for local fruits, veggies and smoked cheese. We also stopped by Pan Pay for our daily crossaints to have with morning coffee back on our balcony, which we're enjoying as I type this. Shar suggested I shoot and post a video of the rain, so here it is!

No comments: