Saturday, July 12, 2008

San Blas

It is difficult to convey how beautiful our stay in San Blas was. Each day we went to a different small island where only one Kuna family lived, swam, snorkeled and relaxed. I think I may be spoiled for snorkeling anywhere else after the fish and coral and clear water we were in.
The Kuna women are constantly sewing on the molas they sell from their houses and even out on these tiny islands. I always appreciate purchasing crafts and artwork from the makers and artists so this was a real treat for me.
The place we stayed, Ukuptupu, included our meals. We had conch twice, octopus, crab and lobster twice. Oh darn, lobster again for dinner? These were all more plentiful than fish.
I'm sure I`ll never be anywhere like this in the world. We enjoyed it thoroughly and are so glad we made the trip out there. It made our whole Panama leg of the trip worth it. Pictures will follow later.

No comments: